Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Sometimes a girl needs a lil chocolate in her day...
Ok actually a LOT of chocolate in her day.


I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries.
 I try to tell myself that its actually healthy to eat dark  chocolate covered strawberries. I mean there has to be so many health benefits from eating all that dark chocolate and all those strawberries right!? :)

The way I make them is super easy...

For one quart of strawberries (washed and dried of course),
I use one small bag of Nestle dark chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
and a blob of shortening (1-2 tsp).
 Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat.
Promptly dip your strawberries and place on wax paper to harden.
 If you have extra melted chocolate, 
whip some pretzels out of your pantry and dip those too! 
 Try not to eat them all in one sitting. Not that I would ever do that or anything...

Enjoy! :)

-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)