Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Best Super Moist Banana Bread


Whenever I want to score points with my sweetheart, I make banana bread.  We only like our banana bread super moist, and we like it to stay moist for days, rather than getting dried out quickly (but it is usually gone within a day!). 


Here is our favorite recipe, I don't ever use any other! 






Super Moist Banana Bread


Ingredients:


1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream margarine and sugar for 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Add yogurt and bananas and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until well mixed.  Spread into a greased and floured bread pan. Bake 60 min. Test with toothpick in the top as you would a cake.  Cool 10 min in pan before turning out. 

This recipe works best with really brown bananas. 
If I have bananas that are getting pretty rotten, and I don't have time to make bread, I just put them into a sandwich bag in the freezer, and thaw them in a bowl on the counter when I need them. 


I originally got this recipe from a cookbook I have called Copper Country Favorites, and I tweaked it a little. 


Enjoy! 


-Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)