Friday, May 11, 2012

Before & After: Craft Room

On Monday, I read Mandi's room redo challenge over at Vintage Revivals, and it inspired me to finally tackle my messy craft room!

Here is a (humiliating) before pic...
Eep! I'm blushing... I know, I know, its horrid!
This room makeover was LONG overdue! 

So, with some help from my sis and my hubby,
The room was transformed in a couple days! 


 Much better don't you think?!

 

I am more than pleased with this space now!
And what is sweet is that other than the shelves,
I only used things I had in the heap already! 
I hauled piles of stuff to goodwill and to the curb.

Doesn't it make you want to 
sit down and create something beautiful?!

I am super geeked about the new shelves and guess what!
WE MADE THEM! 

Now I totally having this little feeling that 
I can create anything in my home that I dream up! :)

Be sure to check in tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make your own industrial/ rustic shelves! Really, it was super easy!

(*Update: You can find the full tutorial here.*)

Have a good weekend!
Thanks for reading my blog!

-Sylv :)


Funky Junk Interiors

9 comments:

  1. Read through the tutorial, but love to see better here how you styled the pipe shelves. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new room is AWESOME! Kudos to your husband & sister for their support. - SandiO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi! :) I don't know how I'd function without them!!

      Delete
  3. Where did you find that light....i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey 182 Gordon!

    Thank you! :) My husband makes those lamps by hand, and we sell them in our shop! There are none completed at the moment but if you'd like one, he'd be happy to make one for you! Simply head over to our shop:
    www.etsy.com/shop/SylvieLiv,
    click "Request Custom Order," and let me know how many you'd like!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tape dispenser is adorable! May I ask where you got it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I got it as a gift from my mom, I think she got it from Marshalls!

      Delete
  6. just lovely........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get your desk? Do you know the brand or type?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)