Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vintage Dress Redo

I was in need of a new dress, and money is tight right now. 
So... I dug in the dress up bin and came up with this dress! :) 
I used the below striped dress as a "pattern."
I just traced the striped dress onto the floral dress, and cut it and re- sewed it back together! 
I used the existing bottom hem, and the same sleeves so that def saved time! :)

I am pleased with my new dress. It was the first time I'd ever braved sewing a dress for myself... and it fits!!! I feel like a boss. Haha, jk. But I am indeed quite pleased! 

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. Holy cow are you serious? Its perfect!!! Love it!!!
    What talent!

  2. fantastic idea and I love the new old dress.. thanks for stopping by today.. our other dog Jake, tries to get daddy out of the pool, he races around and around when bob swims. i looked through 6 of your last post and you are a truly talented person

  3. Hi Silvie,

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog - it's lovely to have found you!

    Your dress is amazing! I agree with Sandra above, you are very very talented :-)

    Mel x

  4. Thank you all for the sweet comments! You know, I sure don't feel very talented. But making a dress for myself was a big step. I never thought I'd be able to! :)

  5. Your reuse of the floral dress is just stunning. Very classic

  6. Your repurposing the floral dress is just stunning,so classic. Just lovely


Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)