Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Super Soft Sugar Cookies


I love Lofthouse Sugar Cookies.
Is there anyone who doesn't? :)
I love how soft and chewy they are.
I love that they have a heap of frosting on top.

Want to make soft and chewy sugar cookies at home?
Want to make your own Lofthouse Sugar Cookies?

Here is my recipe... I got the recipe from my Mom.
(Where she got it, I don't know.)




Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
            2 eggs
            2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
            1 tsp. Vanilla
            3/4 cup White Sugar, plus more for dipping
            2 cups White Flour
            2 tsp. Baking Powder
            1/2 tsp. Salt
            One Jar Vanilla Frosting (or this recipe is my fave!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In your mixer, combine eggs,
oil, and vanilla.  Add sugar and mix until thick.  Blend in dry 
ingredients. Drop in small balls onto cookie sheet (I like to use my 
cookie scooper). Using a drinking glass with a flat bottom, lightly 
touch a dough ball to get the bottom of the cup to make it greasy, 
dip the cup in sugar, and press the bottom onto the dough to flatten 
the cookie. Bake 8 minutes. Remove cookies from cookie sheet within a couple minutes after coming out of the oven, and place on parchment paper of a cooling rack to cool.





















My favorite frosting recipe to use is this recipe from Martha.

I used Wilton 2D Tip to frost them once they cooled. 
To get the rose effect, just spiral the tip around starting in the center
while squeezing the bag lightly. You can watch a lil how-to I
found here if you'd like! :)

We had some in our lil picnic last week! :)





































Enjoy! 

-Sylv

5 comments:

  1. love these! they look so delicious and fancy. They'd be perfect for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your link(s) to your favorite frosting doesn't take me to the recipe. Can you please help me? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about that, JoAnn! I will get it fixed right away!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Sylvie; I can't wait to make these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn, Thank you for taking the time to comment! Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)