Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pretty Pink Girls Birthday Party On A Budget

We recently had a fun lil pink party over here!
Trying to keep costs down, I made the treats and decorations myself!
The lil darling didn't know how much I spent (or didn't rather), and I felt quite accomplished!
I made the cake from one box mix, and used the extra cake (cut off the layers to make them level) to make bon bons! I made my own frosting- leftovers of that went also into the bon bons.
Then, when I was done dipping them, I used the remaining chocolate to dip pretzels. Boy am I feeling thrifty! ;)
Then I stopped at the dollar store and grabbed supplies to make the cake decorations and the garland. I bought a $1 combo pack of tissue paper, and still had enough left to use to wrap her gifts!
Dollar store it was for the pink napkins and plates also! I got the cute lollipops from Micheals, they are only $0.49 each!

Everything else you see was all things that I had kicking around in my kitchen! 

I will share a tutorial on how to make the cake toppers, the garland, and the little sandwich cookies soon! :)

Thanks for reading! 
Sylvie

3 comments:

  1. You sure are talented! it looks like you need to be pinned a few times to pinterest with this party :)
    I am starting all new this year. new name, blog & revamped etsy store. please check it out!
    pellerinadesign.etsy.com

    Annelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff! It's amazing how few dollars you need to make it look like a million bucks! Now days I'm outta comission when it comes to parties and cakes... Oldest daughters have pushed me to the side ;)
    I bet your daughter loved all this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! :) She sure did love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)