Friday, November 30, 2012

Easy Homemade Donut Hole Recipe

I may or may not have made the world's best banana bread, 
and donut (doughnut?) holes in the same day... you'll never know! ;)

These are super easy to make, I actually made them while I made dinner! The rice was cooking, the gravy was simmering, the veggies were steaming... All the healthyness going on in my kitchen! So I had the urge to whip these out. And I'm sure glad I did! :)

Easy Donut Hole Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups White Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 tsp. Vinegar
1/4 cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Butter, melted
Optional: Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Cinnamon, Cocoa... for coating
2-3 cups frying oil (vegetable, canola...)

Directions:
Pour oil into fryer and set at 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together milk, vinegar, sugar, and butter. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Do not over stir. Using a cookie scoop/ melon baller, drop balls of the dough into the heated oil. Fry for 3-4 min, or until golden brown, and then flip them over and do the same for the other side. Keep a close eye on them as not to over cook them! Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Roll them in coating of your choice while they are still warm. Serve fresh.

Enjoy! 

Sylvie




1 comment:

  1. Oh my...Donuts are my weakness. I may just have to try these..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)