Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Simple Maple Rosemary Steamed Carrots Recipe

Maple Rosemary Carrots
Vegetables that taste like candy!? I'm all about that! :)
Making candied carrots is super simple.

On Monday I shared my spaghetti squash recipe, and I served it with candied carrots.
 I love meals that sneak in vegetables! 

Ingredients:

Carrots peeled and sliced small
Pure Maple Syrup
Dried Rosemary
(All amounts will vary depending on how big a portion you'd like!)

Directions:

Place a layer of carrots in the bottom of a microwave safe dish and with a lid.
I like to use my microwave steamer (which is basically a bowl with a lid that has holes in it). 

Pour maple syrup over the carrots just enough to coat the carrots. They do not have to be completely submerged, just pour enough to cover the bottom and give the carrots all a syrup layer. 

Cover with lid and microwave high until the carrots are tender when poked with a fork. About 10-12 min, depending on the strength of the microwave.

Drain the syrup off the carrots and sprinkle with dried rosemary.

Serve warm, enjoy! :)

-Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)