Monday, October 1, 2012

Twine Wrapped Vase Tutorial... Fall Decor DIY

I love to give twine wrapped vases as gifts in the fall...
They are super easy to make, and don't cost much at all!

You will need:
Old Vase
Hot Glue & Gun
Scissors
 Starting at the bottom edge, squeeze some glue onto the vase,
and press the twine onto it. Leave the bottom of the vase untouched. 
Continue around the vase: add a little glue, press on the twine... 
If you want to alternate colors, simply cut the twine, glue it into place, 
and start gluing the next color where you left off! It is that easy! :) 
When you get to the top, 
wrap the twine down into the vase slightly, cut, and glue the end inside the top.
That's it! Stuff some branches in there, and away you go! :)
I like to add paper or felt flowers to the branches, and a matching tag to the deal. 
I will post tutorials on both of those things soon! :)

Happy Fall! :)

-Sylvie

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for participating in my giveaway at 49 Dresses! I noticed that you didn't complete the mandatory entry, so I wanted to drop by and let you know so that you could do so and have your entries be counted.

    Also, this is a fantastic DIY, I love it! :)

    B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Oops, I missed that entry! Thanks for noticing!

      Delete

Leave a lil love, it makes my day! :)